Makes 8 Fishcakes
- 300g/11oz potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 15g/0.5oz butter
- 400g/14oz canned red salmon, drained
- 1/2 small onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- salt & pepper
- flour for coating
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 75g/3oz matzo meal or breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes. Drain and mash with the butter.
- Flake the salmon, carefully remove any bones
- Mix the flaked salmon, mashed potato, onion, spring onions, tomato ketchup and seasoning.
- Form into 8 fishcakes, coat in flour, dip in egg and coat in matzo meal or breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the fishcakes on both sides until golden brown.